Friday, May 20, 2016

MEGADETH: HIRE SOILWORK DRUMMER DIRK VERBEUREN FOR TOURING

U.S. thrash legends MEGADETH have hired  DIRK VERBEUREN, drummer for Swedish melodic death metal warriors SOILWORK for touring duties as CHRIS ADLER continues touring commitments with his primary band LAMB OF GOD.








MEGADETH unleashed "DYSTOPIA", 1/22/2016 via UNIVERSAL MUSIC.

SOILWORK unleashed "THE RIDE MAJESTIC",  8/28/2015 via NUCLEAR BLAST RECORDS.



FROM DIRK VERBEUREN (SOILWORK):
Some pretty exciting news, right? I can't thank Chris Adler enough for his kindness. It's truly a huge honor to fill in for Chris in Megadeth, a band I grew up listening to. I'm so very grateful to Dave Mustaine, David Ellefson and Kiko Loureiro for their warm welcome. First show is tonight at Rock on the Range in Columbus, OH.
Filling in for me in Soilwork is the amazing Bastian Thusgaard of The Arcane Order who also happens to be a student of mine. I know Bastian will do a fantastic job behind the kit!
I will perform with both Soilwork and Megadeth at Sweden Rock and Graspop, and I'll rejoin Soilwork on June 26 in Italy and throughout the rest of The Summer Majestic. See you on the road!




Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-